gabriele renzi wrote:

> il Wed, 12 May 2004 17:21:54 +0900, Simon Strandgaard
> <neoneye / adslhome.dk> ha scritto::
>
> >I have also an idea:  Recently I have been thinking of devote one day
> >in my calender to review 10 ruby-projects..  I don't know which projects
> >I wish to review (maybe the last 10 of top 20 on rubyforge?)
> >Then I would have 1 hour to each project, and could write some
> interesting
> >stuff about them. How was installation? What is their purpose? Is the
> >goal of the project fullfilled? How was documentation? How was code?
> >
> >When done I would post the review-results at ruby-talk?
>
> it would be nice :)
> But maybe it could be better to put it on the WhyRuby wiki and just
> show the link to the page here

Yes, just posting this to the ruby-talk ML would be too fleeting and easily
lost over time. Ideally, RAA would have a facility to allow the posting of
user comments and allow users to post the personal "ranking" of the package.

But since RAA doesn't do that, and since I want to collect useful
information like this to further Why Ruby's mission, I think it makes a
great deal of sense to post stuff like this to the Why Ruby wiki.

I'll add some infrastructure to the Why Ruby wiki to make an obvious place
to post stuff like this and then post a request on ruby-talk asking people
to post their comments on their favorite Ruby packages (or their least
favorite, as the case may be).

Curt