James Britt wrote:
>> Are you looking for technical articles (introductions to the
>> language), or less technical advocacy pieces?
>
> Just a reminder: ruby-doc.org [0], the home site for the Ruby
> Documentation Project (now in its second smash year!) continues its
> long-standing offer to host any and all Ruby documentation, be it
> promotional, technical, API, how-to, or whatever.
>
> So, if something may not be a good fit for Why Ruby?, it always has a
> home on ruby-doc.org.

Here's an idea. How about a wiki for Wanted/Requested Libraries?

Most of the time I had to use good ol' Perl instead of Ruby is because
of libraries. CPAN is _so_ complete, while Ruby still trails quite
behind (not just behind Perl, Python too). Several personal examples of
mine:

- a fast/C-based buffer XOR (last time I checked there are several libs
to do bitwise operation but strangely none can XOR two string buffers);

- diff algorithms (there are several in Perl);

- interacting with subversion (there are already several SVN::* Perl
modules showing up in CPAN);

The Requested Libraries wiki could let people tell what modules they
need, and let other people vote too what they would like to see most.
Then yet some other looking for projects will know what is currently on
demand.

--
dave