About the need to register before posts at www.rcarchive.com

>> Is there any reason why a user/password is required? A lot of
>> Wikis don't need any and they work well I think.
>
>RCRchive is really only a Wiki by virtue of piggy-backing on (a hacked
>version of) RuWiki.  It's not really conceived of as typically
>Wiki-esque.  As for usernames: I really disliked all the anonymous
>posts on Ruby Garden.  It was very hard to follow a discussion, and I
>didn't see any reason to duplicate that experience on RCRchive.  I
>also like the idea of erecting at least a small barrier to entry, to
>discourage the ultra-casual level of participation (particularly as
>regards submitting RCRs, but also discussion).
>
>David
>
>--
>David A. Black
>dblack / wobblini.net

Anonymous posts is bad etiquette, I agree.
I tend to use -- + the CamelCase for my name to sign. I then can provide
more info about me in the referenced page, if I want. Kind of a
"Wikiish registration".

Regarding the small barrier of entry, I believe an OCR barrier would be
big enough and could block bots too. But that's your place ;-)

Yours,

-- JeanHuguesRobert

Web:  http://hdl.handle.net/1030.37/1.1
Phone: +33 (0) 4 92 27 74 17