Lyle Johnson wrote:

> I've recently started a new job in a Java shop and so I've just
> started using Eclipse as well. I'm currently using the 2.1 maintenance
> release but was thinking about upgrading to the latest 3.0 milestone
> build. Do any of you regular users of Eclipse have an opinion about
> how stable the 3.0 series is at this point? Should I just wait for the
> final release at the end of June?

I've been using 3.0 M7 and 3.0 M8 for some time now, and haven't had any
problems. Occasionally, it seems the first time I do a search on some
Java member, it comes up with nothing, then if I immediately retry it,
it finds the hits I was expecting. I haven't played around with it to
see anything more specific. But the calling/called methods hierarchy
stuffs are awesome, worth the trip to 3.0, IMO.

I was not a 2.1 user for very long, so I don't know if there was
anything in 2.1 that substantially changed.

--
Chris
http://clabs.org