Gavin Sinclair wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I just noticed Chad's blog about the release of RubyGems 0.3.0.
>
>   http://www.chadfowler.com/index.cgi/Computing/Programming/Ruby/RubyGemsSecondRelease.rdoc,v
>
> I'm just mentioning it here because I'd like to see some opinions
> posted about the features, how well it works, and what needs to be
> done.
>
> Anybody who has ever wanted to be able to install a Ruby package
> easily and automatically should give it a go, even if there are no
> particular packages they want at the moment.  It's easy and
> reversible.
>
> See http://rubygems.rubyforge.org/wiki/wiki.pl?GemReference (bottom of
> page) for example command-line incantations.
>
> Cheers,
> Gavin

I was reading about how you did the executable by making a fake file to
load in others.  I never used rake without rubygems but I noticed it
definitely had a slow startup time.  Could this be related to that?
There is a definite noticeable pause between typing rake and getting the
first line of output, or even --help options.
	Charles Comstock