On May 9, 2004, at 07:12, Jim Weirich wrote:

> I'm rather surprised by the following result:
>
>   $ cat x.rb
>   require 'test/unit'
>   requrie 'somethingelse'
>
>   class TestIt < Test::Unit::TestCase
>     def test_one
>       assert_equal 1, 2
>     end
>   end
>
>   $ ruby x.rb
>   Loaded suite x
>   Started
>
>   Finished in 0.005333 seconds.
>
>   0 tests, 0 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors
>
> Although the 0 tests/0 assertions is a big clue something is wrong, I
> would have expected a little more helpful indication of error (e.g.
> Undefined method 'requrie') along with the file name and line number.
>
> It seems that test/unit is swallowing this information somehow/

What version of Ruby is this occurring in? I remember there being a bug
that caused this a while back. Currently I receive the following:

   ntalbott@jacob:~/sandbox$ ruby -v t.rb
   ruby 1.9.0 (2004-04-14) [powerpc-darwin]
   t.rb:3: undefined method `requrie' for main:Object (NoMethodError)

Which seems right to me.

Nathaniel
Terralien, Inc.

<:((><