Hugh Sasse wrote:

# This may be more vim than Ruby, but
#
# The vim5.7 distribution comes with a rather old syntax file.  Is there a

# newer one for Ruby and that vim5.7?  When I looked in RAA the Vim/Ruby
# link pointed to a load of diffs, and most of those seemed to be for
vim6.0*.
#
# Next question:  I have the vim doc and syntax directories where vim
seems
# to be able to see them, but I am not getting different colours for Ruby
# as I did before with Syntax on under Unix.  This setup (which I cannot
get
# working properly is using gvim5.7 under Win98. Gvim seems able to
support
# different colours as I get coloured ~ characters on startup and I get
coloured
# error messages, as well.

I don't use the syntax stuff, but FYI, I think the Ruby FAQ is more up to
date than the RAA. (IIRC, there was an earlier, more detailed post on
this.)

http://www.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaq-1.html#ss1.10

Conrad Schneiker