hello

I am currently preparing an article about Ruby and XML where I will
show some XML modules for ruby. only a short example to show
people what's possible and that Ruby is a great alternative to Java/C#
when processing XML.

I am searching for a module where I can construct a Ruby Class from
an arbitrary XML document, similar to Python's anobind

with this I can take an XML document like this

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<birds>
    <raptor wingspan='240cm'>
        <english_name>White-tailed Eagle</english_name>
        <german_name>Seeadler</german_name>
    </raptor>
    <raptor wingspan='80cm'>
        <english_name>Kestrel</english_name>
        <german_name>Turmfalke</german_name>
    </raptor>
</birds>

and this python code
=============
#!/usr/bin/env python

import anobind
from Ft.Xml import InputSource
from Ft.Lib import Uri

file_uri = Uri.OsPathToUri('raptors.xml', attemptAbsolute=1)
input_source = InputSource.DefaultFactory.fromUri(file_uri)

binding  = anobind.binder().read_xml(input_source)

print binding.birds.raptor[0].german_name.text_content()
print

for raptor in binding.birds.raptor:
        print raptor.wingspan
        print raptor.german_name.text_content()
        print raptor.english_name.text_content()
        print

is there something similar for ruby ?

thanks in advance

regards