Hi,

In message "IO::write"
    on 04/05/04, Charles Comstock <cc1 / cec.wustl.edu> writes:

|Why is there only an IO::read, and no equivalent IO::write that takes a
|filename, a string to write, and an optional offset in the file to start
|writing at?  Or better yet an IO::write(filename[,offset])= string to
|write to file.  I don't know it seems useful to me for quickly writing a
|response out to a file anyone else?

IO::read is a equivalent of

  IO::open(path, "r"){|f| f.read(*args)}

But IO::write that is

  IO::open(path, "w"){|f| f.write(*args)}

is, for my eyes, useless for most of the cases.  Besides that, I don't
feel it is intuitive that IO::write to "open, then write once, then
close".  Even if we decide to implement the method, we should prepare
better name.

							matz.