At 03:31 03/05/2004 +0900, you wrote:

>--- Glenn <glenn_m_smith / hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Can anybody point me at a list of what's changed in Ruby
> > version-for-version?  I'm reading the web-based docs and I'd like to
> > know what's improved in the version I've  started using (1.8.13rc2 as
> > of yesterday if memory serves).  On Windows (he ducks)...!
> >

>Here's a good article by Why,
>
>http://www.whytheluckystiff.net/articles/rubyOneEightOh.html

This is incredibly useful ! I specially liked the sort_by thing.

I started refactoring my code to use it. But I use a lot of sort!()
and sort_by! does not exists :-(

Question : Why no sort_by!() ?
Nota: Maybe I should not use sort!() that much. In some cases
I am assuming that it will be more efficient than x = x.sort(),
but I may be wrong.

initialize_copy() is great too. For a long time I was unsure
about how to implement copy constructors. Most of the time
my initialize() had to look at its parameters to figure out
what to do and to copy construct if one its parameter was
another object to use as a prototype. Now, I can get rid of
that ugly code.

Yours,

Jean-Hugues