Assaph wrote:

>> I suppose the rubyforge bug report is most appropriate, but I don't mind
>> where it's reported, as long as I find out :)
>
> So here's another one for you: --http-proxy seems to ignore the port.
> gem -P http://proxy:8000 -l (and variations) barf up with:
>
> *** REMOTE GEMS ***
> c:/langs/ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/open-uri.rb:544:in `proxy_open': 404 Not
> Found (OpenURI::HTTPError)
>    [....]

Hmmmm.  This is what I get:

$ gem -Rl ra -P http://www-cache:8000

  *** REMOTE GEMS ***
  Error fetching remote gem cache: getaddrinfo: no address associated with
hostname.

I installed 0.3 to confirm this problem, but before I did that my proxy
operations were running fine.  That code would have been perhaps two weeks
old.

Anyway, thanks for the report.  It shouldn't be hard to track down.

BTW, I get the same error if I:
 - put quotes around the proxy address
 - set the HTTP_PROXY environment variable and run without '-P' argument

No cheers,
Gavin