Hi David,

In an amazing coincidence,  I just emailed you (at blackdav / shu.edu) because
I wanted to thank you for posting a nice test/unit example and to show you
the minor changes I made to make the example more compelling,  or at least
amusing (to me,  at least.)

Thank you very much for your excellent explanation to my current question.

> That sounds an awful lot like Array#join....
> Yikes -- let Ruby do the work for you ...

Yes indeed.  A number of people pointed that out to me earlier in this
thread and I have taken their advice to heart.  I just posted my original
code with some new comments to ask Ara about the comments.    I just read
your analysis quickly but it looks right on target.  I'll study it and apply
that to my code and then comments.  I've got about a dozen different ways of
doing a few different tasks with arrays that might make an interesting
tutorial for some newbies, i.e. less experienced in Ruby than me.

Regards,
Richard

---