On May 2, 2004, at 3:34 AM, David Alan Black wrote:

>> The sad thing is that this style issue really matters a lot for
>> people.
>> As a result rejecting either option is religious and accepting both is
>> agnostic. Once again religion leads to war. Really sad.
>
> Heavens.  I think we were just chatting about it.  Here on
> ruby-talk/clr we still do that sometimes :-)

I admit, I hadn't realized the situation was a complex as it is. I had
seen where people used only brackets, so I mentioned that, not knowing
how many different styles I was leaving out :) It's probably because
I've only been here a few months, and haven't seen all the discussion.
Still, it's very interesting to me to hear all the different rules
people use for their code blocks.

A very informative thread for me. I *hope* it didn't sound like a flame
war :)

--Mark