On Sat, 01 May 2004 11:53:38 +0200, Florian Gross wrote:

>> F> I'm not solving, I'm providing.
>>
>>  Then, like I've said, it's a P language
>
> So Ruby is a P language because it has callcc?

From a conceptual point of view is callcc very important.
It is not just added because it may seem like a good feature,
but because it makes Ruby a real functional language (like scheme).
In functional languages can continuations be seen as a
functions-calls.
I find one of the great things about Ruby, how it combines
both object oriented programming (smalltalk) and functional
programming (scheme) in such an elegant way.