Its Me:

> (2)--------- Multiple buffers/files
> Probably ignorance on my part. I have only been able to view one
file/butter
> at a time in a Scite window; so I have to open multiple Scite windows
> instead. I would really like to be able to split the window (horizontally
or
> vertically) and see more than one buffer.

   This is a fairly core restriction: while SciTE can have multiple files
loaded at once and can display tabs to switch between them, there is no way
to see the contents of more than one file at at time. I am unlikely to agree
to lifting this restriction as I want SciTE to remain simple. For more
complex tasks, a more featureful application would be a better fit. If
others wish to start a project that adds multiple views to an extended
version of SciTE then I'll try to help out so that they can continue to
benefit from enhancements to my version of SciTE.

   For Ruby development, I feel you are much better off with an application
designed around the needs of Ruby including integration of debugging, use of
Ruby-compatible regular expressions, and an understanding of the files that
make up a Ruby project and the links between them. It would be a good idea
to develop such an application in a sensible high level language like Python
;-) rather than C++. FreeRIDE seems to be on the right track.

   Neil