I like the user interface, looks like it would be really nice to use.

Features I would like to see:

I would like to add fuzzy searches tothe list as I and I'm sure others
can't spell.  Also search for words near each other and search by word
list - as you start typing a word the words in the index that have those
letters appear in a list -  for example if you type a, all the indexed
words starting with a are in the list.  As you add letters the list
becomes smaller leading to the word you are looking for similar to the
index search
option in Windows.

Search results ranked by different options - most hits, hits in certain
fields, most matching words, newest documents, oldest documents and
probably others I haven't thought of.

Import feature that knows different formats.  For example I would like
to index my email - it should know that there are To:, From:, Subject:
lines etc in the mail and store the messages so they can be searched
by the automatically created indexes from the email template.  Same
with pdf files, word docs etc.  Also for the import option a date
qualifier
so for example you can do a import since a date for example when adding
your email to the database - you would like to add only new messages.
The same for indexing a web page or a set of notes.  Or use the stored
time to see if the document has been updated since the last import.
If you have edited the database version and it has changed from where
you are importing from you might need to resolve how you are going to
handle the dual update - replace, add 2nd copy, merge or something like
a source code system like cvs where you have multiple changes to merge.

For an example of these type things you might look at the AskSam free
form database that does sort of what you are doing but without the
nice GUI interface ( http://www.asksam.com ).  It only runs on Windows
so I'm looking for a linux alternative.  Another set
of programs to look at for ideas might be agrep (approximate grep) and
the assocated indexing search program glimpse which also can be used for
searching
web pages ( http://webglimpse.net ). Unfortunately they now charge for
glimpse ( though for personal use it is cheap/free ), but even for
commercial use it is low priced.  With glimpse you can search for words
and specify how many letters can be wrong (mis-spelled), boolean
searches,
word nearness etc.

Rick

--
Have you noticed that a "slight tax increase" costs us at least two
hundred dollars a year, but a "substantial tax cut" saves us maybe

rickc / dallas.oilfield.slb.com