On Apr 30, 2004, at 1:26 PM, Curt Hibbs wrote:

> Mark Sparshatt wrote:
>>
>> Mark Hubbart wrote:
>>>
>>> I realize that this is a large idea; but I wonder what other people
>>> would think about setting something like that up. Am I missing
>>> something? Are there existing methods that would be as good or
>>> better?
>>> Do we just need to publicize certain ways of doing things?
>>>
>> What you're suggesting here sounds a lot like the ruby-garden Wiki -
>> http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby
>>
>> Is that the sort of thing you're after?
>
> This is somewhat true, but RubyGarden is much more general. I think for
> something like this to be really successful you need a wiki/site that
> is
> much more focused -- with its own identity.

Right. the RubyGarden Wiki is a great information repository, but it's
got it's own purpose, and I'm afraid it wouldn't be dynamic enough for
what would be necessary to make things work. There would need to be at
least some sort of message board system included, and a mailing list.

I really like the idea of starting it out as a sort of "meta-project"
on RubyForge. I think that should be the way to go.

--Mark