Here is a canned response

BEGINNING OF CANNED RESPONSE version 0.001

Dear Questioner,

You have asked something along the lines of "How does Ruby compare to
Python".  This question has been asked many times before and there is an
extensive set of resources with answers to this question.  In the Ruby
community we pride ourselves on being friendly and welcoming, especially to
newcomers.  However we also wanted to make sure that our newsgroup is
efficient and that we don't spend too much time and energy answering
questions that have already been answered.  Therefore we have created this
canned response that is intended to answer the question you are asking.
Below are links to websites, wikis and the Ruby archives that talk about
this topic in great detail.  Also please take a look at the etiquette for
this newsgroup.

Python vs. Ruby threads for the archives:
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/95984
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/91151
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79412
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79433
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79492
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79543
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79545
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79548
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79587
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79588
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79592
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79616
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79636
http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/79660

Some websites
http://www.ruby-doc.org/RubyEyeForThePythonGuy.html
http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?PythonVsRuby

Link to Etiquette for the Ruby NewsGroup:
PUT LINK FOR ETIQUETTE HERE

Thread which explains why canned response was developed:
PUT LINK TO THIS THREAD HERE.  ITS NOT UP ON RUBY NEWSGROUP ARCHIVE YET.

We hope that this adequately answers your question.

Regards,
Ruby Community

END OF CANNED RESPONSE

Anybody who wants to change anything or add any additional resources to this
reponse can add it or come up with something better.  Then we can save this
canned response and use it whenever anybody asks this question.  I think
this solution is better than any other for solving the repetitive question
problem.  It is definitely better than flaming or criticizing.

Regards,
Trevor Andrade