Mark Hubbart wrote:

> > The reason I point all of this out is because all of these projects
> > rely on
> > volunteers like you and me to make progress. And, obviously, we can do
> > a lot
> > more if we work together rather than duplicate efforts.
>
> Of course! Thank you for pointing these out; I'll definitely be
> checking out he Ruby Installer project, and seeing if it's extensible
> enough for my ideas, or if it can be made extensible enough.

I don't want to mislead you here -- the Ruby Installer project *is* the
Windows Installer, and  what is currently there is completely windows
specific. But I want to see it expand in scope to encompass other platforms.
This may (or may not) end up being separate code-bases maintained under the
umbrella of the "Ruby Installer" project.

But in order for that to happen someone would have to step up and take on
the task of championing one or more additional platforms.

Curt