"Kaspar Schiess" <eule / space.ch> wrote in message
> I would like folding and highlighting to be as Ruby-like as possible.
> However, I need your help for this: Is there anything that bugs you
> SciTE users about your editor in connection to Ruby ? Flood me with
> suggestions; I am keeping a todo list here.

A short wish list, some may be outside "folding/highlighting'

(1)--------- Compact folds

The following:
==================
 #A's are for doing
 # this kind of stuff
-class A
-  def f
     stuff

-class B
   def f;end
 end
==================

When folded at class A should show:
==================
+class A
 -------------

-class B
    def f;end
 end
==================
i.e. Fold should hide the corresponding 'end', excess whitespace/newlines
AFTER that end, and aligned comments and excess whitespace BEFORE before the
start. This should apply to all foldable constructs. The -/+ option that
appears today on "end" and serves to fold/unfold following whitespace and
comments is not useful, even counterintuitive.

(2)--------- Multiple buffers/files
Probably ignorance on my part. I have only been able to view one file/butter
at a time in a Scite window; so I have to open multiple Scite windows
instead. I would really like to be able to split the window (horizontally or
vertically) and see more than one buffer.

(3)---------- Debugger?
Again, probably ignorance on my part. Any way to connect Scite to ruby
debugger?