Simon Strandgaard wrote:
> I think concat are the desired behavier of expand_path.
> For instance if you want to create a directory, you first
> have to make the path, before you make it. I don't have
> better evidence.

I see your point, and I don't have a counterexample.

And I guess there is a problem with what the OP wanted --
if the original name is relative to the original current
directory, then the interpreter would have to keep track
of where we were relative to our original dir.

It is doable, but is it worth it? And is there a real
purpose to expand_path besides tilde substitution and
simple concatenation?

Matz??

Hal