Sorry for the lack of information, and thank you for your test.
It seems I have an IXMLDOMNode object and not IXMLDOMDocument as expected.

For instance this html document :
<head>
<script language="RubyScript">
def charger
 xmlDoc = WIN32OLE.new("Microsoft.XMLDOM")
 @window.alert(xmlDoc.ole_obj_help.inspect)
 @window.alert(xmlDoc.methods.sort.inspect)
 @window.alert(xmlDoc.inspect)
 #@window.alert(xmlDoc.instance_variables.inspect)
 @window.alert(xmlDoc.ole_methods.sort { |m,n| m.name <=> n.name}.inspect) #
try ole_func_methods
 xmlDoc.validateOnParse = false
 xmlDoc.async = false
 #@window.alert(xmlDoc.ole_obj_help.ole_methods.sort { |m,n| m.name <=>
n.name}.inspect)
 xmlDoc.load("test.xml")
 @window.document.all.toto.value = xmlDoc.xml
end
</script>

<!-- language="JavaScript"    I tried the same in JavaScript
function charger() {
 xmlDoc = new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM");
 xmlDoc.async=false;
 xmlDoc.load("test.xml");
 document.all.toto.value = xmlDoc.documentElement.xml
}
-->
</head>
<textarea id="toto" cols="50" rows="10">
</textarea>
<input type="button" value="..." onClick="charger()" />

- WIN32OLE.new : ok
- ole_obj_help : it's a IXMLDOMNode, but why ?????
- methods of WIN32OLE
- ole_methods
[AddRef, GetIDsOfNames, GetIDsOfNames, GetTypeInfo, GetTypeInfo,
GetTypeInfoCount, GetTypeInfoCount, Invoke, Invoke, QueryInterface, Release,
appendChild, attributes, baseName, childNodes, cloneNode, dataType,
dataType, definition, firstChild, hasChildNodes, insertBefore, lastChild,
namespaceURI, nextSibling, nodeName, nodeType, nodeTypeString,
nodeTypedValue, nodeTypedValue, nodeValue, nodeValue, ownerDocument,
parentNode, parsed, prefix, previousSibling, removeChild, replaceChild,
selectNodes, selectSingleNode, specified, text, text, transformNode,
transformNodeToObject, xml]
Missing load, loadXML, documentElement, ...  but seems ok, since it's a
IXMLDOMNode
- validateOnParse : no error
- async : no error
- load : there's the following error
Erreur : load
    OLE rb_compile_error:80070005 in msxml3.dll
     Acc refus
    Une exception s'est produite
Code : 512
(translation : ...access refused ... an exception has occurred)

Other tests : (not listed)
- xmlDoc.documentElement returns nil (logic)
- xmlDoc.loadXML works fine, as well as xmlDoc.xml
- if I try xmlDoc.transformNode (given two MSXML objects via loadXML),
result ok if there is no script inside the xsl part, otherwise (even if I
lower security to its minimum in IE6.0 SP1)
Erreur : transformNode
    OLE rb_compile_error:80004005 in msxml3.dll
    Les paramres de suritn'autorisent pas l'exution de code de
script au sein de cette feuille de style
(translation : security parameters do not allow execution of script code
inside this style sheet)

Windows2000, IE6.0 SP1, ActiveScriptRuby1.8

Greetings,
Je HAUSS