Hello from Beethoven's home town,

Sascha Ebach wrote:
> My name is Sascha Ebach, I am almost 30 and I am living and
> working mostly from home in a smaller town (Troisdorf) near
> Cologne in Germany.

To put some beef on the bones: The distance from Cologne is about the
same as that from Bonn (SE of Cologne, NE of Bonn, about in the
middle in S/E direction, a handful of kilometers east of the Rhine).
Anyway the city part of the phone number (0221) is that of Cologne.

Bringing up the subject up again: Are there people who would like to
have a table of regulars ("Stammtisch" in German) of Rubyists in the
Cologne/Bonn area?

The area already has Perl users, Linux users (about half a dozend
groups) and TeX users (and probably more as well) but the lobby for
Ruby is still somewhat limited.

> I am a great fan of small and simple solutions. Whenever a script
> (file) gets more than 100 lines long I get pretty nervous. Usually
> I try to refactor it until it is under 100 lines (I know that
> this is not always possible :). So far I haven't encountered any
> language which supports this as good as Ruby. For this I thank the
> creator.

Why only the creator? Why not Matz as well? SCNR :->

> I look forward to finally being able to participate on this list.
> I didn't dare before a formal introduction ;)

Background music: "Born in the FRG, I was born in the FRG,..." (sung
to "Born in the USA" :->

Josef 'Jupp' Schugt