Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Hi,

Moin!

> |        func2(*values(multi), 4)
> |        => [1, 2, 3, 4]
>
> I'm still against argument splat in the middle of actual argument
> list.  It's not consistent with formal argument list, where splat is
> only allowed at the end.

I think both should be allowed. Both func2(*(values + [4])) manual
argument handling in methods are a stark contrast in ugliness to their
respective end-of-argument-list counterparts.

I also think that all this looks even weirder in Array construction. I
think this case would be a good one to support:

	ary = [1, 2, 3]
	[:foo, *ary, :bar, *ary, :qux]

However I don't think that there should be support for multiple
splat-arguments in method argument lists. That would feel too unnatural.
This would be a small asymmetry.

Regards,
Florian Gross