At 19:34 27/04/2004 +0900, you wrote:
>Jean-Hugues ROBERT:
> > In addition to indentation and closing blocks, a decent editor should
> > handle folding (more and more frequently done) and hiding (filtering out
> > some part of the code, comments for example).
>
>    Of course, comments are a nuisance to write, ugly, and often out of date.

It is not what I meant... I feel like comments is "help" to understand the
code. If you understand, you don't need the comment. If you don't, you
are glad it is here.

Same for assertions.

Same for debug traces.

>Scintilla has a 'visible' attribute on styles that allows you to hide these
>annoyances and cursor over them quickly. It is also available as an
>(undocumented!) notvisible attribute in SciTE:
>style.ruby.1=fore:#007F00,$(font.comment),notvisible
>    Unfortunately this does not remove the new lines and remnant whitespace
>from comment sections. Neil.

That's interesting. I am currently using Mondrian (beta testing phase). I
think Oliver is using scintilla. Maybe he can implement a simple checkbox
to "hide" comments (some extra newline won't hurt too much I hope).

Thanks.

Jean-Hugues