Hello Roshan,

Tuesday, April 27, 2004, 7:57:41 AM, you wrote:

JRC> Everything above maybe wrong, please read through the license docs
JRC> yourself, every license that is valid in this context has to be avilable
JRC> in the ruby distribution itself, so you wont have to look very far.

I think everything above is wrong.
a GPL DLL definitely puts the calling code under the the GPL. Thats
why we have LGPL and GPL. Some people (the MySQL company) think that even
connections with sockets to a GPL server makes the client application
to fall under the GPL. I believe that this is absolute nonsense,
but at the moment it is a good FUD strategy and a reason to boycott MySQL.

--
Best regards,