Mark,

you're talking Outlandish here. I'm a Ruby user, not a Ruby developer :))) I
just want to incorporate Ruby as a scripting language in a (freeware) spam
processor.

I don't know Onigurama. I installed Ruby 1.6.8 and 1.8.1 (the latter DLL is
not as good as the 1.6.8 one, so I'd prefer 1.6.8). I would not like to
compile Ruby myself if I can help it. Ruby is shipped with a DLL for
Windows, and I don't know which parts are in the DLL yet.

Is that a strange question? I thought it might be quite frequent.

Christian