RubyForge is down sometimes (though rarely), but its a far better
repository (resource-wise) than SourceForge for Ruby projects.  We have
tried to make sure the resource(s) we provide this community (for free)
meet the community's need for a repository of projects that are
Ruby-centric, and that we (Tom mostly) are responsive to our user's
needs.  If you have something specific to discuss with us regarding
RubyForge's usability, please let us know here:

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?group_id=5

Thanks,

-rich