On 26/4/2004, at 5:27 AM, Lothar Scholz wrote:

> Hello Peter,
>
> Monday, April 26, 2004, 10:19:03 AM, you wrote:
>
> PM> Hunn E. Balsiche wrote:
>>> I've given up on Perl for its ugly syntax and it is not the easiest
>>> language
>>> to learn. How about PHP?
>
> PM> http://www.python.org/doc/Comparisons.html
>
> And as usual the comparison with ruby is a broken link.

Unfortunately, I've had a problem with a recent server move and haven't
been able to resurrect the IOWA-based FAQ yet.  Still working on it in
between my paying job and being ill all weekend.  I'm sorry to have let
you and the Ruby community down, Lothar.

> This is something that really really gives ruby a bad reputation. I've
> never seen so many instable servers in other communities. Sometimes
> rubyforge is down, RAA had recently a long non reachable period, most
> of the
> RAA links are garbage, the mod_ruby server is down when you need it
> etc, etc.

Your charming attitude really motivates all of the volunteers who run
these sites to get right to work on improving them.

> It is just the same situation as with most libraries and extensions.
>
> I never had problems like this when searching for python or php
> information.

There's an obvious answer, but I'll leave it to you to figure out.

Chad