James Britt <jamesUNDERBARb / neurogami.com> wrote:
> David Simmons, the creator of Smallscript/S# [0] (Smalltalk for .Net),
> used to frequent this list.  I believe he has discussed many of the
> issues with porting a dynamically-typed language to the CLR (some on
> ruby-talk, but also at  [1]).
>
> [0] http://www.smallscript.org/
> [1] http://www.smallscript.org/Downloads/SSharp_NET_Notes.asp

Let me add some information about Smalltalk and .NET.

There has been an announcement for a new Smalltalk for .NET (Vmx
Smalltalk) in comp.lang.smalltalk yesterday. With S# and #Smalltalk
that makes at least three Smalltalk dialects with main focus on .NET.

I am not sure about ongoing activities in other dialects but Squeak
got it's .NET bridge from Ruby and VisualWorks ships a first .NET
connection with Version 7.2.

Sources of information:
http://vmx-net.com/index.html
http://www.refactory.com/Software/SharpSmalltalk
http://www.saltypickle.com/SqueakDotNet
http://smalltalk.cincom.com/prodinformation/index.ssp?content=vw72

There are some activities with regard to the Java world, too.

Cheers
Sascha