At 21:29 24/04/2004 +0900, Garbriel wrote:
>il Sat, 24 Apr 2004 16:27:58 +0900, Jean-Hugues ROBERT
> >The ultimate would probably be a compiler with a customizable syntax.
> >I mean, if I could change Smalltalk's syntax, I would use Smalltalk.
> >I would make it look like Ruby of course ;-)

>I believe you want the Agile Object System from the SmallScript/S#
>guys :)
>http://www.smallscript.com

It takes some courage to figure out what this is about.

What makes you feel this is what I want ? I have a hard time
understanding how Smallscript could let me redefine its syntax
to make it look like ruby's one.

As a side note, besides the total lack of documentation, this is
an impressive piece of work.

I wonder how much work that would be to generate Smallscript
code from Ruby's AST (using nodedump or Guy Decoux's fl_ii) ???
The impedance mismatch between Ruby and Smallscript seems rather
small (syntax put aside).

Thanks for the links.

Jean-Hugues