"Its Me" <itsme213 / hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:mNnhc.2669$Dn1.31 / fe2.texas.rr.com...
> > * Added Markdown (BlueCloth 0.2.0b) and RDoc [Mauricio FernŠŌdez] as
> > command-line markup choices
>
> Can a page started in Markdown be subsequently edited in RDoc? [This would
> probably mean storing some normalized representation of both; I am
guessing
> XML would suffice, and that there are ways of doing this without loss of
> information e.g. pass through things that won't translate as straight XML
> strings].
>
> IF not already there, would this structure be a good idea?
>     input_filter-->normalized-->output_filter

One big advantage might be that semantic units in the browser can be
scripted (cross-browser). Hence one can implement a wiki editing mode where,
rather than the entire wiki page being edited, you simply open an in-place
text area to edit just the one semantic element you clicked to edit.