Zachary P. Landau wrote:
> I think one thing people like about PHP is it comes with a lot of
> built-in functions for dealing with Web-related problems.  It might be
> an interesting project for someone to make a list of common PHP
> functions used in web developments, with their Ruby equivalent
> (including what library it comes from).

Or even going a step farther, create a module that's nothing but
wrappers around those methods/classes.

require "php-transition"

plain = base64_decode(source)
# actually is:
# plain = Base64::decode64(source)

Though I have a feeling that having both PHP and Ruby targetting Parrot
would make this significantly easier, as long as the PHP functions are
implemented in a modular way.