On Apr 21, 2004, at 13:44, Its Me wrote:

> "Dave Thomas" <dave / pragprog.com> wrote...
>
>> The real solution here is for the folks who bundle the installation to
>> run RDoc before creating the bundle, and then include the generated
>> documentation directories as part of the distributed bundle.
>
> Any good way to handle libraries added on by each user after the
> "installation"?  Should we hope that each of those library authors
> runs rdoc
> before distributing, and that their "install" scripts move all the doc
> stuff
> around to the right places? Or that they at include the .document
> control
> file?

The only issue is if libraries are distributed as binaries: if they're
shipped in source form (either .c or .rb), then the library writers
should arrange to run RDoc on the source as part of the installation
process on the target machine. If there's stuff that shouldn't be
included, they can just use .document files to override the default
behavior.

Cheers

Dave