At 20:09 21/04/2004 +0900, you wrote:

>What do you think about MAIN_BINDING for use it with eval():
>
>         eval("a = 'hello'",MAIN_BINDING)
>         puts a
>
>outputs:
>         hello
>

>?

Hi,

I've seen references to some TOP_LEVEL_BINDING in Google, I don't know
if this is related.

I really feel strange about eval() not side effecting assignments
to new local variables. I guess the binding it uses is very special or
some logic is there to "undo" the creation of local variables. Weird.

For sure I don't understand why this is happening in eval( stuff, binding).
If I provide a binding, I should have the option of whether is it rw or
rd_only.

But... I may be missing something.

Yours,

Jean-Hugues Robert