Hi,

From: "Christoph Rippel" <crippel / primenet.com>
Subject: [ruby-talk:9764] A generic prototype
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 00:09:07 +0900

> This in response to [ruby-talk:9761]
>
> Thank you very much this is exactly what I wanted - except you
> you got the math wrong - i.e the return type of + is wrong ;-)
> (given my wrong input of course ..).
>
> Thanks to your hint I cooked up a generics interface. As usual
> I have eat my words - i.e. the thing is entirely based on mixin
>  - at least it maintains a bit of the template flavor ... (the
> type qualifier are necessary and there is no lose of speed to
> access class constants like this if I remember correctly).

Just F.Y.I.

Parametric mix-in, which seems does generally same thing as your
prototype, has been posted to ruby-list by gotoken.
([ruby-list:18476])

While digging it up fron blade, I found some interesting threads.
Both of them are almos two years ago...  (I hope the auto translator
does good job to them ...)

  * short conversation about parameterized class([ruby-dev:5462]).

  * rather long thread discussing 'generic' among other things
    ([ruby-dev:4745])

Regards,
Komiya.