On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 09:13:50 +0200, Stefan Schmiedl wrote:

>> I don't want to proceed until I can fix the biggest bugs, and I think
>> I've reached the critical point where Fox is just too hard for me.
>>
> Why do you think that Gtk would be easier?

Hi,
I have no experience with FOX, but I find GTK really easy to use,
once you grasp the basics (packing widgets, connecting signals).
I think GTK is even much more natural in Ruby than it is in C.

If you use glade (a interface building) together with libglade,
you have a GUI ready in no time.  You just have to connect the
right signals.

Like it is said on this thread, GTK doesn't provide a MDI
(multiple windows inside one window).  Normally this is handled
by using tabs.

Also, GTK is not (really) cross-platform, so in that respect
FOX might be better.

I will help if I can, but I am still using the old gtk1.2 (Maybe
it is time to start looking for a recent distribution...).