> One reason I prefer FOX to wxWindows is that wx does not appear to
> have a table widget. I had some other reasons, too, but not close at
> hand.

As much as I hate to help the competition ;) I feel compelled to point out
that wxWindows does in fact have a table/spreadsheet widget. It's called
wxGrid. I'm not familiar enough with wxWindows to know how well wxGrid works
compared to FOX's FXTable widget. But I think that there are plenty of other
reasons to prefer FOX to wxWindows; most notably, the fact that "real soon
now" the Ruby bindings to FOX will be available. Really, any day now, I
promise!