Grzegorz Chrupa• £¬ wrote:
>>By saying that I should also mention that I never will abandon
>>Ruby for perl6.
>
> Even if perl6 turns out to be a better, more powerful language (not
> particularly likely but certainly not impossible)?

Aren't many of the P6 apocalypses out already? That should give a pretty
good base from which someone can judge [personally, of course] whether
P6 is a "better" language for him/her or not, correct?

I personally prefer Ruby too, btw. P6 may be more powerful or
feature-rich (multiple inheritance, primitive types [perhaps?], etc) but
there are some things that I want to leave behind for good, like $scalar
vs @array vs %hash (which is not very OO-ish anyway). Also the need to
end every line with a semicolon.

Of course, all this does not mean we cannot learn/borrow stuffs from P6.
For example, Apocalypse 7 (Formats) looks pretty nifty for text
processing, mail merge, templating, etc.

--
dave