In article <20040415012927.GA807 / velka.phys.uoa.gr>,
Elias Athanasopoulos  <elathan / phys.uoa.gr> wrote:
>Hello!
>
>Has anyone created a Ruby script to auto-generate structs
>and enums for the Ruby/DL interface?
>
>I am thinking of creating a minimalistic parser for such
>a task. Would be something like this be usefull?

You mean it would parse the .h files to find structs and enums and then do
the proper conversions for use with Ruby/DL?  That would be very useful.
Please do it :)

BTW: I went to our local PerlMongers meeting last night because there was
a presentation on Parrot.  The goal of Parrot's dynamic loader (to load
shared libs) was to make even easier/better than Ruby's (Ruby was
considered the best model).  So it seems that they're planning to add
something like you mention to Parrot.

Phil