On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 12:10:54 +0000, Tim Sutherland wrote:
[snip]
> Maybe test/unit could recognise xtest methods and say
>
>   124 tests, 300 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors, 15 disabled tests
>
> to help us when we forget a test has been x'ed.
>
> (I would have said this proposed behaviour is "non-obvious, and people
> wouldn't know to use 'x' unless they'd read the documentation", but given
> the number of people who use 'x' anyway, they might just stumble across it.)

There is also times where tests cannot be complete for some reason.
For instance in Rubicon there are some windows tests which obvious
cannot be run on unix.

def test_something
  skip('reason for skipping') if is_win98?

Besides that there are those tests which is unimplemented.

def test_something
  todo('what needs to be done')
end

They all are in the family of tests which cannot be executed for
some reason.

124 tests, 300 assertions, 0 failures, 0 errors,
26 not run (15 disabled, 8 skipping, 3 unimplemented).

--
Simon Strandgaard