Ben Tilly wrote:

> I realize that this conversation (while interesting to
> me) has drifted radically off-topic.  Should we take
> it to private email or are people still following?

Except for the crack about Linux being the worst thing to happen in the
field of O/S's since . . . (i forget what) . . . i'm still reading with
interest.  Easy enough for anyone to skip this thread if they've decided
this is too deep or abstruse.

Linux is great, though.  It's not about being a triumph of _technology_
(which i'll grant you).  It's a triumph of having a very basic starting
point -- thus hopefully someday eliminating a lot of duplicative efforts
-- freely available (and it gets better all the time).

craig