Jim Menard wrote:
>> Any reason you good folks didn't just use the RDoc markup library for
>> all this?
>
> No good reason. I like trying shiny, new things; thus my experimentation
> with Textile and RedCloth. It looks like Textile is too simple for most
> of my needs.
>
> I hadn't thought of using RDoc, but that makes sense. Right now, I'm
> "\begin{itemize} \item ... \end{itemize}".

I use RDoc as a backend to a presentation builder.  I write all the
slides in RDoc format (with some enhancements) and then generate the
HTML for the presentation.  (you can see an example at
http://onestepback.org/articles/buildingwithrake/index.html.  I used CSS
to configure the output for my 800x600 laptop.)

So, its pretty easy to use RDoc a backend.