The current discussion Hal started is quite good. But it is focused on one
part of the problem e.g. it does not directly address the potentially
complicated problem of hooking together UI, dialog state (enabling/disabling
etc), and domain objects, keeping all in sync.

At the risk of broadening things ... I am partial to Joel BanderWerf's work
on FoxTails for FxRuby. The biggest things that comes to mind are:

- a great Observable: you don't observe an object, you observe an Attribute
of an object
- a nice way to attach any object (not just strings) to widgets like a
ComboBox or TextField
- a nice way to extensible events e.g. "when selection changes" and "file
chosen"

The Hal/Chad/Gregory style of "vbox { button {}; button {}; ...}" is on
FoxTails 0.1 to-do list. Seems like we might complement nicely.

Joel, care to comment / join in?