Hi,

I'm the man who must respond.

Sorry for not responding long time.  I keep your mail
in my "must respond" mailbox and... was spending time for RAA.

> is that I can't seem to combine the SSL and the SOAP.  Encrypting the
> SOAP envelopes is a must, and since I'm using http SSL seems to be the
> way.

Agreed.  XML Encryption, XML Signiture and XML canon*2 is
still on my ToDo list. (I hope someone delete this instead of me..).
Ssh portforwarding or OpenSSL are the answer in Ruby for now.

> machine and 1.8.1 running on the embedded device.  I noticed that in
> netHttpClient.rb and in streamHandler.rb in the soap library directory
> that there is some ssl stuff, but only in 1.8.1 and not in 1.8.0.  That
> tells me that there is some way to do SSL with SOAP that was recently
> added, I'm thinking it is implemented on the low level, but not in
> driver.rb where I need it yet.

Yes.  Integrating SOAP with SSL is still in progress.
You can see "set_ssl_config" which just raises an exception in
ruby-1.8.1.  No easy way(through driver.rb) to do for now.

Current status is: implemented and commited in soap4r CVS at
http://www.ruby-lang.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/lib/soap4r/
but not tested well.  I tried to write soap4r + ssl test code, then
I found I must write http-access2 + ssl test code, then I wrote it,
and forgot everything. sigh.

Under the CVS code, you can define SSL configure option in
property file.  I'll write a test of soap4r + ssl after new RAA
launching.

WARN: soap4r + ssl only runs with http-access2, not net/https.rb.

Regards,
// NaHi