On Wed, 7 Apr 2004, Charles Comstock wrote:

# Chad Fowler wrote:
#
# [...]
#
# > I know you lose some flexibility (or you make it one level harder), but
# > I can't help wanting it to look like this:
# >
# > def app_logic
# >   main {
# >     hbox {
# >       vbox {
# >         button("Do it") { puts "pressed btn1" }
# >         button("This too") { puts "pressed btn2" }
# >       }
# >       vbox {
# >         button("Third button") { puts "pressed btn3" }
# >       }
# >     }
# >   }
# > end
# >
#
# Just cause you yield the instance to the block, doesn't mean you can't
# return the instance as well, so you don't HAVE to lose the object.
#
# Charles Comstock
#

I didn't think I had to lose the object.  I didn't want it.  (I assume
you're talking about maintaining a variable reference to the widget
instances?)

Chad