il Wed, 7 Apr 2004 17:11:21 +0900, Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org>
ha scritto::
<snip>

>Add when we need bigger guns in Ruby, they are available.  The generator
>package is now standard in Ruby, so lazy zips are fairly easy to write
>when you need them.

yes, I knew this, look at an older post of mine in this thread :)

>I find it fascinating how the different choices in iteration methods
>effect how language users perceive and use the language.  Python starts
>with external iterators and uses continuation-like generators to gain
>back the convenience of writing internal iterators.  Ruby starts with
>internal iterators and uses continuations to gain back the flexibility
>of external iterators.  Different trade offs with different implications
>for users.  But in the end, approximately equivalent.

and it's even more fun to look at LUA's approach, starting with just
coroutines and build both external and internals iterators from them
:)
(see http://tinyurl.com/2fvs5)