Hello all,

As I'm learning Ruby, I've decided to write a few programs in Ruby to get
a feel for the language.

I've been a C programmer for a long time.  As such, I worry that I'm
thinking too much like a C programmer, and not like a Ruby programmer...

My first attempt has been an emulator for a cs-toy processor called IBCM
(itty-bitty computing machine).  Its spec (only 5 pages) is available at:
http://www.cs.virginia.edu/~cs216/notes/ibcm-poo.pdf

I've written it, and it works correctly when compared to my program
written in C, but at its core is a large case-when-end statement.
This is not `sexy.'  I was wondering if there was a better way to do
this in Ruby, or if I'm just missing the point.

My code is at: http://manjac.ath.cx/nick/ruby-ibcm.rb

Thanks all,
--
Nicholas Paul Johnson