il Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:26:00 +0900, Dick Davies
<rasputnik / hellooperator.net> ha scritto::

>> PS2: Tools like bitkeeper
>
>ACK! Heresy!

that's what the 'like' is for , avoiding heresy ;)

>I like SubVersion myself :)

If I understod right some talks on #ruby-lang it seem that subversion,
while being generally better than cvs, still suffer from the basic
problem of being a centralized VCS.

BitKeeper and gnuarch OTOH, allows multiple fork/branch of the same
project to live in diferent places, but still allowing re-merge of the
branches at any time.

This is interesting:
http://common-lisp.net/pipermail/bese-devel/2004-March/000073.html

Btw, matz just said in ruby-core 2730 that ruby development will
switch to using DARCS, I wonder if this relates to his choice to adopt
the glasgow haskell compiler has the default backend for Rite.