Hi Charles,

I've been busier than a one-legged man at an ass-kicking contest, so
apologies if this has been covered in the five days worth of posts I
just speed-read...

Charles Comstock <cc1 / cec.wustl.edu> wrote in message news:<c4dcmk$lcr$1 / newsreader.wustl.edu>...
> Is there a nice library for representing Time differences?

Well, there's definitely an ugly one:

http://runt.rubyforge.org/doc/classes/Runt/DateRange.html

in Runt. DateRange enhances the default Date/DateTime/Range
functionality to include the ability to iterate through a date range
using various level of precision (hour, minute, etc.)

It does this in cooperation with

http://runt.rubyforge.org/doc/classes/Runt/DatePrecision.html

and

http://runt.rubyforge.org/doc/classes/Runt/TimePoint.html

Code is ugly and/or incomplete, documentation is sparse and you should
use CVS HEAD if at all possible.

When I have a free moment, I am going to act upon some insightful
suggestions [1] regarding the syntactic conventions used in Runt; at
that point I will release a more Ruby-esque implementation...

Regards,

Matt

[1] See:

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&frame=right&th=b25def0bd29d9899&seekm=74559ebc.0403250743.271dfe53%40posting.google.com#link14

BTW: Thank you Hal, Mauricio, and Mark! Hal, double thanks, for the
correspondence!